Thursday, August 7, 2008

BEST ACTRESS - SNUBS at Malaysian Film Festival

If you have read my previous posting then you would have known by now that myself, and many others, are not satisfied with the final nominees for BEST ACTRESS!!!!

WHY YOU ASK????
Let me remind you guys the nominees!

Best Actress
Maya Karin Roelcke (Maya Karin) (Anak Halal)
Fazira Wan Chek (Erra Fazira) (Anak)
NurFazura Binti Sharfuddin (Fazura) (Kayangan)
Noraishah Binti Abdul Aziz (Nasha Aziz) (Otai)
Vanidah Imran (Vanidah Imran) (Akhirat)

The list was a shocker in its own way. This year was seriously lacking of great films and great leading ladies. But, among all of the cluttered 'NONSENSE' that was fed to us, a few actually rose to the task and delivered. I am no expert, but i do have a passion for the local film industry and has stil been supproting it ever since. And in my opinion a few of those leading ladies were SNUBBED at this year's 21st MALAYSIAN FILM FESTIVAL for BEST ACTRESS!

2 names in my opinion do not deserve to be on the list because their performance did not come close to what these ladies had to offer. Nasha Aziz gave a SHOCKING PERFORMANCE in SEPI which absolutely caught many people off guard. It was an unexpected performance and it was fantastic. But Nasha Aziz in OTAI???? Best Actress? You got to be kidding me. I would rather see her nominated as Best Supporting Actress for SEPI rather then BEST ACTRESS in OTAI! As for Vanidah Imran, i have admired you since PEREMPUAN MELAYU TERAKHIR which in my view should of been awarded as BEST ACTRESS back then. Luckily enough she finally won it for THE RED KEBAYA equally deserving as well. But to be nominated for AKHRIAT??? I saw the film and it wasn't your best at all. NOT EVEN CLOSE! I have seen better performances from you. And to be nominated for AKHIRAT just puzzles me!

These are the leading ladies whom i think should of replaced them.

First there is UMIE AIDA playing CIK PUTIH in KALA MALAM BULAN MENGAMBANG as the arrogant yet demure looks of the mysterious girl who immediately catches the attention of Rosyam Nor playing as Saleh Mat Piah. At first she doesn't shine much as she is struggling for screen time with two other main actress namely Corrine Adrienne and Avaa Vanja. But as the film goes into its second part SHE SHINES BRIGHTLY AS A PHOENIX! Her intimate scenes alone with Saleh are memorable as she opens up her character to the audience of her heartache and the burden that she has to carry. Her transformation and fighting scene towards the end as the mystery was unravel was unbelievable to me. Everything was in place, the great make-up, great camera work and her remarkable acting! It was a unforgettable performance! She definitely deserved to be nominated! Unfortunately things dont go my way!

Then there is IDA NERINA playing KAY as the character of a model who is trying to survive in the modelling industry as she starts to age and loses her beauty. There were a few great scenes that shows Ida's portrayal as the posh, arrogant and flamboyant attributes of a model were very right on point! A brilliant dramatic scene done by Ida was when she had a group of guys rape Nita while she was crying out of guilt. She definitely stepped up her game in this film especially after being paired with an actress such as ERRA FAZIRA. They both owned the screen and deserving enough should get a nomination for their performances! Erra made it but they left out IDA NERINA!

As for who i want to be crowned as this years BEST ACTRESS, ERRA FAZIRA all the way! Why not Maya Karin? Well to me she is the KATE WINSLET of MALAYSIA. She is nominated every single year but never wins one! One fine day she might finally get a role deserving of an award, BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS that is.

1 comment:

Shariful farhad said...


Your collection is very popular thanks admin for your collection. I am really think that you are a profrssional blogger. Your all collection is high resulation. I am try to bloging. Please pray for me.. my blog list…

## INDIAN ACTRESS AMALA PAUL HOT HD WALLPAPERS PICTURE AND BIOGRAPHY

## 10 TELUGU AND TAMIL ACTRESS HIGH RESOLUTION WALLPAPERS PICTURE

Your collection is very popular thanks admin for your collection. I am really think that you are a profrssional blogger. Your all collection is high resulation. I am try to bloging. Please pray for me.. my blog list…

## INDIAN ACTRESS AISHWARYA RAI HOT HD WALLPAPERS PICTURE PHOTOS WITH VARIETY DRESS

## TAMIL ACTRESS ANUSHKA SHETTY HOT HD WALLPAPERS PICTURE WITH VARIETY DRESS