Monday, May 26, 2008

SEPI - Khabir Returns


Bisikku pada bulan
Kembalikan temanku
Kekasihku, Syurgaku

Tanpa dia malam menemaniku
Sepi memelukku

Bulan jangan biar siang biar alam ini kelam
Biar ia sepi sepertiku

(TRANSLATION more or less)
I whisper to the moon
Return my love to me

My heart, My heaven

I am left in the silent night
Without you my love
Loneliness clouds over me

Do not allow the day looses its light
As i am left alone


Last year's Malaysian Film Festival honored the film CINTA directed by Khabir Bhatia as BEST FILM defeating WARIS JARI HANTU who was also in the running to win the award. This time around Khabir returns with SEPI. The film is due for relase on 26th June 2008. At a first glance it seems to resemble so much of its previous success CINTA. The trailer itself looks very promising. it's either a good movie or the trailer was DAMN GOOD!

Im easily persuaded especially with a enchanting score like that. What i hope is that this movie does not turn out like those movies which has a crappy storyline but a bloody damn good list of soundtracks to support it. My expectation so far for this film is quite high since its KHABIR's work. Plus with a star studded cast such as these where could they go wrong? First you have Afdlin Shauki, Vanidah Imran and Nasha Aziz who has won an award for their acting performances. Then you have Pierre Andre and Baizura Kahar returning after CINTA. Then you would have the current reigning QUEEN OF AIR MATA, EJA. As for the rest of the cast RIEZMAN KHUZAIMIE, TONY EUSOFF & HUSSEIN are not strangers to the silver screen but hasn't yet given their best performances thus far. But let's all hope under the direction of KHABIR they all manage to give a performance to remember.








1 comment:

big easy said...

read my review of sepi

http://lebigeasy.blogspot.com/2008/06/sepi-review.html